25p Off all hot drinks
At Coco di Mama, we’re committed to trying to improve our environmental sustainability and have a positive impact on the communities in which our employees and customers live and work. We are working on a clear, measurable set of objectives we want to achieve by 2020, which we will share publicly within the next few months.
As a food-to-go brand, we understand that the biggest opportunity is to reduce the amount of waste created, and especially single-use plastics. Some of the ways in which we are reducing our waste include the following:
- We offer crockery to all our coffee customers in-store, instead of takeaway cups
- We offer free water and water glasses in all our stores to avoid the need for our customers to buy bottled water
- We stopped using plastic straws at the beginning of 2018 and have introduced our NEW Pasta Straws which are completely compostable (and don’t taste of pasta, we promise)
- We offer a 25p discount to all customers using a reusable drinks cup
- We’re introducing our own reusable keep cups in July 2018, which we will sell not-for-profit to encourage all our customers to move to reusable coffee cups
- We have moved all our salad packaging from plastic to pulp based material, with the base now being completely compostable.
- We’ve moved our juiced drinks and iced coffee drinks to a PLA material. PLA materials are renewable, 100% biodegradable and compostable within 12 weeks.